During the remainder of September and into October of 2019, the following states have announced upcoming property tax due dates and appeal deadlines: Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, and Maryland.
Get this info sent to your email: PTX Tech offers this simple, free subscription service to keep you fully apprised of important recent and upcoming due dates and release dates. Click here to subscribe.
The table below shows the states that have due dates — either appeal deadlines or tax bill due dates — between now and October 31. Click on the state abbreviation to get the full detail by city, county, or parish (for Louisiana).
|State||Date Type||# of Entities||Date||Notes|
|AR||Assessment Appeal||Statewide||10/15||Statewide appeal deadline for Arkansas|
|FL||Assessment Appeal||18 Counties||9/15 – 9/18||Remaining appeal deadlines for Florida|
|GA||Tax Bills Due||10 Counties||9/20 – 10/20||First of the Georgia County Tax Bills Due|
|IL||Assessment Appeal||3 Counties||9/16 – 10/10||2019 Appeal Deadlines for Ill Counties|
|IL||Tax Bills Due||3 Counties||10/4 – 10/7||2018 (pay 2019) Tax Bill Due Dates|
|IA||Tax Bills Due||Statewide||9/30||Statewide tax bill due date for County/Cities|
|LA||Assessment Appeal||15 Parishes||9/16 – 9/30||Remaining appeal deadlines for Louisiana|
|ME||Tax Bills Due||11 Town\Cities||9/16 – 10/18||First Town\City bills due for Maine|
|MD||Tax Bills Due||Statewide||9/30||Statewide tax bill due date|
What’s Happening? State by State Due Dates and Appeal Deadlines
Below, we have more context and details for some of these states and municipalities.
- Maryland, Iowa, and Arkansas each announced statewide tax bill due dates.
- Florida Appeal Deadlines: For most counties, the appeal deadline was prior to September 15th, but these (listed here) are the last 18 counties with appeal deadlines between September 15 and September 18.
- Georgia Tax Bills: Most Georgia property tax bills are due in December, but a few counties have due dates in September and October. In Georgia there are both county and city bills. It just so happens that these first due dates are all counties.
- Illinois – The Illinois property tax calendar is a year behind. The values that are released this year (2019) don’t show up on tax bills until next year (2020). Illinois also has no standard statewide calendar, so every county (and even sometimes within the county) sets its own schedule, and you end up with due dates and deadlines in just about every month of the year. For September and October, these are the counties with 2019 appeal deadlines and 2018 tax bills due (e.g., the bill you are paying this year is based on the value from last year).
- Louisiana – Most parishes (counties are called “Parishes” in Louisiana due to the state’s French origins) have appeal deadlines prior to September 15, but these are the last remaining parishes with appeal deadlines.
- Maine – Maine assesses and collects at the city and town level, rather than on the county level. These are the first 11 cities and towns that have bills due.
Subscribe to PTX Tech’s Free Property Tax Alert Service
Your property tax process depends on accurate information. You rely on good and timely data to make well-informed decisions on everything from staffing needs to cash flow and anything in between. If you own property, knowing what’s happening at any given time is the first step to a fully automated process. This free alert service is that first step. Now you have a simple method of understanding what’s happening state by state.
Your next step is to adopt TaxFeed, the service that sends you digital versions of your property tax bills and notices. From manual entry relief, to processing appeals and paying bills, you can use the digital data any way that makes sense for your process.
We make your property tax tasks easier, no matter how many parcels you own or where in the U.S. they are located.